Monday, November 19, 2012

Taking a week off...

So I've been pushing myself hard for around eight weeks, with progressively heavier weights and rep loads and training too many days in a row.  This has ultimately led to a strained hip flexor (left side) and strained rotator cuff (right shoulder).  I'm going to take a back off week, do some light runs to keep the legs loose, and stretch and ice my shoulder and hip flexor to get them back in tip top to get back at it and kick ass next week.

Besides the rehab, I'll be trying to tie up some loose ends while I have the time.  I'm int he middle of three books right now and I'd like to widdle that down to one and finish one at a time.  I love reading but I have literature induced super ADD. 

I've also noticed that one of my biggest flaws is distractions and procrastination.  I made a list of all the things that clutter my time:
  • Hitting the damn snooze button...just fucking get up!
  • Getting up and lolly-gagging on doing not much of anything.  Start each day with action and get into a routine.  Walk Bruiser.  Feed Bruiser.  Feed yourself.  Plan out the day.  Go to the gym.  Get.  Shit.  Done.
  • The internet should be a tool, not a past time...get off of Facebook.
  • Prioritize.  Run first, go the gym first, then rest.
  • What does TV do for you?  Exactly.  Unless it's something that enriches your life and educates you (not solely entertain) then it may be worth it...if there's nothing left to do.
This all ties in to the concept of delayed gratification.  Delayed gratification=prioritization.  Fulfillment/Comfort.

Overall, I'm trying to get "squared away."  I want this and I need to be as much a SEAL as I can be in my brain and actions before I ever get a pin on my chest.  Refinement is the key, clear away the clutter and get rid of what is unnecessary.

Hooyah, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment