Monday, November 19, 2012

Adapt, Improvise, Overcome.

I read an interesting article about how SEAL training tries to instill the qualities of asymmetrical thinking.  Having the ability to adapt to a new stimulus, improvise a solution, and overcome a problem is obviously key to mission success.  It also applies to everyday life as well.

I came to a road block in my journey to become a SEAL about a month ago when my eye sight disqualified me for the SEAL Challenge contract.  Adapt?  This is an opportunity to finish school, get in the best shape, get my mind in order, get my finances in order, see my sister graduate from college, etc.  It is a blessing in disguise.  Improvise?  How will I get this surgery done?  I'm still saving money and trying to find a co-signer but truly, it is embarrassing to ask, but it must be done.  Overcome?  Get the surgery, tie up the loose ends, build momentum and kill the PST, ASVAB, and C-SORT when it comes time.

Like it always does, the morning will come and the sun will rise.


Adapt, Improvise, Overcome.

Hooyah.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad this has given you a better look at your life. Youv'e got this! Just keep running, running, running, running :). Love you. -Punkface

    ReplyDelete