Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November 12th

Press:  120x3
            120x3
            120x3
            125x3
            125x2 +1 jerk

I felt a difference in my fatigue when i started at a higher weight and didn't increase throughout all the sets.  My logic is even though the weight isn't constantly increasing, you're still moving more weight in total and forcing your body to adapt to the stimuli of consistently heavy weight.

Dips: 5x10 @ 30 lbs.
Pullups: 5x5 @ 20 lbs.

3 max pullup sets with 5 minutes in between:  12.5
                                                                           10
                                                                           10

I think I can squeak out 14 unfatigued.  Pullups are my nemesis and I shall conqueror them...

I just ordered Rippetoe's "Starting Strength" DVD and a dip belt...doing weighted dips and pullups with dumbbells is a pain.  plus i look way more bad ass with plates around my waist than with my feet crossed under a little dumbbell.

I also ordered a new SEAL book.  As my SEAL library continues to grow (and my library in general), I'm going to try to put up some reviews and thoughts I have about what I read, why I read it, and what I think about it.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment